Sir David Martin Foundation is calling for Expressions of Interest from young Australians aged 16 – 29 who are passionate about contributing to important discussions about youth health and wellbeing. Our current members deepen and broaden the Foundation’s understanding of current challenges for young Australians.
Since forming in Youth Week 2021, the group has:
- contributed to the inaugural ‘Don’t Judge Me’ community awareness campaign to destigmatise youth addiction
- represented at Foundation events
- helped launch Mission Australia’s 2021 Youth Survey.
Youth Advisory Group members will be selected by the Foundation to achieve a broad representation of youth nationally.
Objectives of the Youth Advisory Group
This group will:
- deepen and broaden our Foundation’s understanding of the issues affecting young people today
- influence our ongoing initiatives to help youth in crisis
- provide a platform to share the opinions, aspirations and concerns of young people in our community.
Terms of Reference
The group will include up to ten young people aged between 16-29 (at the time of their appointment) and reflect the diversity of young Australians. All members must be current Australian citizens. This is not a decision-making or voting body on behalf of Sir David Martin Foundation, but a group that provides advice on issues relating to young people, particularly concerning their health and wellbeing.
Members of the group:
- volunteer their services on a pro bono basis
- are appointed as individuals, not representatives of any other agencies
- commit to meet up to four times a year virtually for one hour, facilitated by a member of the Sir David Martin Foundation team
- agree for their photo and biography to be shared on Foundation’s website and marketing mediums
- contribute to Foundation’s understanding of range of challenges that different cohorts of young people face (ATSI experience is highly valued)
- contribute ideas in the development of a health promotion campaign destigmatising youth addiction
- potentially act as spokesperson for the Foundation’s youth initiatives in a roundtable or media environment.
You can register your expression of interest by completing the form below. Nominations will be accepted up until 5pm AEST, Monday, 21 March 2022. Have a question? You can submit via our Contact us page.