Sir David Martin Foundation’s 2020-21 Annual Report is now available online.
The report details the impact of our Foundation’s support for young people in crisis, as the major funder of Mission Australia’s Triple Care Farm.
In 2020, despite the enormous challenges of the pandemic, Triple Care Farm continued to deliver life-saving care for vulnerable young people in a COVID-19-safe way. Highlights include:
Triple Care Farm Participants in 2020
- 114 young people participated in the Withdrawal program at David Martin Place
- 61 young people participated in the residential Rehabilitation program
- 165 young people participated in the Aftercare program
Impact on young people in 2020
- Zero suicide attempts
- 93% in safe housing
- Almost 60% engaged in education and employment or actively seeking
- 91% reduction in chronic drug and alcohol use
The 2020-21 Annual Report reflects on the Foundation’s 30 years of supporting young people in crisis. August 2020 marks 30 years since the death of Rear Admiral Sir David Martin KCMG, AO, RAN, (Rtd), 34th Governor of NSW in August 1990. Sir David was beloved as the “People’s Governor” and touched so many with his humility, service and kindness. His legacy lives on through our Foundation’s support of Triple Care Farm. Since 1990, we have raised over $70 million through the generosity of our supporters who care deeply about young Australians. This support is changing young people’s lives!